Biodegradabe tokens from starch-based bioplastic
The biodegradabe tokens are made from starch-based bioplastic, which is extracted from potato peels collected from the potato processing industry. This means these tokens are made from natural and renewable resources. When the tokens are exposed to rain, UV rays, oxygen and bacteria, they will decompose in nature.
Plastic tokens are small, durable items that can be used for a variety of purposes, such as in arcade games, vending machines, or as currency substitutes in events like festivals or trade shows. When it comes to sustainability, there are a few considerations to keep in mind. Developing biodegradable tokens comes with its own set of challenges. Here are a few key considerations:
- Material properties: Biodegradable materials used in token production need to exhibit the necessary mechanical properties, such as durability and strength, to withstand regular use. Finding the right balance between material strength and biodegradability can be a challenge, as some biodegradable materials may be more prone to degradation or may not offer the same level of durability as traditional plastics.
- Cost-effectiveness: Biodegradable materials can sometimes be more expensive to produce compared to conventional plastics. This cost difference can pose a challenge, particularly for businesses or event organizers operating on tight budgets. However, as technology advances and demand for biodegradable materials increases, costs are likely to decrease over time.
- Performance under different conditions: Biodegradable tokens may degrade at different rates depending on environmental conditions, such as temperature, humidity, and exposure to sunlight. Ensuring consistent performance across various conditions can be a challenge, as tokens need to maintain their functionality throughout their intended lifespan.
Together with B-tokens, Rodenburg has deveoped a solution. Biobased and biodegradable tokens offer several advantages when it comes to sustainability. Here are a few key benefits:
- Reduced environmental impact: Biobased tokens are made from renewable resources (potato starch), whereas traditional plastic tokens are derived from fossil fuels. By using biobased materials, we can reduce our dependence on non-renewable resources and lower carbon emissions associated with the production of tokens.
- Biodegradability: Biodegradable tokens have the ability to break down naturally over time through biological processes. This means that if they end up in the environment, they will eventually decompose and be absorbed back into the ecosystem without leaving behind harmful microplastics or contributing to long-lasting pollution.
- Lower waste generation: Biodegradable tokens can help reduce waste accumulation. Instead of persisting in landfills for hundreds of years like traditional plastic, biodegradable tokens break down relatively quickly, minimizing their impact on the environment.
- Enhanced brand image: Choosing biobased and biodegradable tokens demonstrates a commitment to sustainability and responsible environmental practices. This can improve the perception of your brand or event among eco-conscious individuals and contribute to a positive reputation.
- Regulatory compliance: In some regions, there are regulations or guidelines in place to encourage the use of biodegradable materials and reduce the environmental impact of plastic waste. By opting for biobased and biodegradable tokens, you can ensure compliance with these regulations and demonstrate your commitment to environmental responsibility.
For more information and orders: https://b-token.com/en-eu/personalisations-biodegradable-tokens